- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- About 2 ½ pounds (1.13 kilos) zucchini quartered and chopped into pieces about ½ inch (1.25 cm) thick
- 2 cups (240 ml) vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme or tarragon can sub your favourite herb
- ¾ cup (175 ml) coconut milk
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt or to taste
Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and sautee until soft and transparent - about 3 - 4 minutes, then add the garlic and sautee until fragrant - about 30 seconds more.
Add the zucchini and allow to sweat, stirring occasionally, until beginning to soften - about 5 minutes.
Add the vegetable stock and herb of your choice. Bring to a boil then reduce the heat to a simmer and cook until the zucchini is totally softened - about 15 minutes.
Remove the pot from the heat and blend the soup either with an immersion blender or by transferring it to an upright blender, taking care to leave the lid ajar to allow steam to escape.
Add the coconut milk and salt and blend. Serve.
Calories: 122kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Sodium: 915mg | Potassium: 582mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 545IU | Vitamin C: 36mg | Calcium: 45mg | Iron: 2mg
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. Please refer to our nutrition disclaimer for more information.