Vegan Buffalo Chickpea Pizza with Ranch
This vegan buffalo chickpea pizza is the definitive vegan pizza recipe for spice lovers. It starts by smothering chickpeas with a spicy buffalo tomato sauce and baking them on your favourite pizza crust. Cool it down by drizzling over a homemade vegan yogurt-based ranch dressing. For the buffalo chickpea pizza
For the buffalo chickpea pizza
- ¼ cup (60 ml plus 2 tablespoons) tomato sauce - $0.15
- ½ cup buffalo sauce Frank’s, or more to taste - $0.82
- 3 tablespoons soy yogurt - $0.38
- 1 pizza crust homemade or store bought - $0.44
- 1 ½ cups (255 grams) cooked chickpeas - $0.23
- ¼ small red onion thinly sliced - $0.09
- A small handful chopped cilantro - $0.10
- 1 green onion chopped - $0.07
For the vegan ranch (or use store bought)
- ½ cup (120 ml) soy yogurt - $1.00
- ½ teaspoon salt - $0.01
- ½ teaspoon chopped parsley - $0.01
- ½ teaspoon chopped chives - $0.03
- ½ teaspoon dried dill - $0.10
- ¾ teaspoon garlic powder - $0.08
- ¾ teaspoon onion flakes or powder - $0.08
- 1 - 2 teaspoons plant milk - $0.04
Preheat the oven to 475°F (250°C)
Combine the tomato sauce, buffalo sauce and soy yogurt in a small pan over medium-low heat. Simmer gently, stirring from time to time, until slightly thickened – about 10 minutes.
Stretch your pizza dough out over a greased baking pan or pizza pan. I like a thinner crust in order to add some crispy texture as the chickpeas are soft but it’s up to you how you like your crust.
Spoon 3 tablespoons of the buffalo tomato sauce over the pizza dough. Add the chickpeas to the remaining sauce in the pan and stir to coat.
Spread the chickpeas out over the pizza crust and top with the sliced red onion (and any other veggies you like). Bake for 15 – 20 minutes or until the crust is done.
Meanwhile make the vegan ranch by combining all the ingredients. Add as much milk as necessary to make it a pourable consistency.
Once the pizza is out of the oven sprinkle over the cilantro and green onion and drizzle over the ranch.
Calories: 362kcal | Carbohydrates: 62g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 1995mg | Potassium: 149mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 165IU | Vitamin C: 7.6mg | Calcium: 167mg | Iron: 3.7mg