For the veggie skewers
- 1 small red pepper cut into squares - $0.79
- 1 small yellow pepper cut into squares - $1.17
- 1 small zucchini cut into rounds then quartered - $0.21
- ½ red onion cut into chunks - $0.18
- 12 button mushrooms halved - $0.99
- 15 cherry tomatoes - $0.89
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar - $0.18
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce - $0.12
- 1 tablespoon olive oil - $0.10
- A few grinds of pepper - $0.02
For the vegan green goddess dressing
- ½ cup vegan mayo - $0.40
- ½ cup unsweetened vegan yogurt - $1.52
- ½ cup loosely packed flat-leaf parsley - $0.40
- ¼ cup tarragon or basil - $0.50
- ¼ cup roughly chopped chives - $0.50
- 1 ½ tablespoons lemon juice - $0.18
- 1 clove of garlic - $0.08
- ½ teaspoon salt - $0.01
First chop all your veggies. My skewers are small (15 cm / 6 inches) so I chopped my veggies quite small at about ¾ inch.
Toss the chopped veggies into a bowl and pour over the balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, olive oil and a few grinds of pepper. Mix well and marinate for 15 minutes, stirring them up from time to time.
Meanwhile combine all the ingredients for the dressing in a food processor and blend until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Preheat the oven to 400°F / 200°C.
Skewer your veggies and place them on an oven rack over a pan to catch the drips or directly on a baking pan. Bake for 10 – 15 minutes or until the veggies are tender.
Let them cool for a couple of minutes then serve with the vegan green goddess dressing.
Calories: 205kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 653mg | Potassium: 451mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1480IU | Vitamin C: 90.7mg | Calcium: 50mg | Iron: 1.3mg
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. Please refer to our nutrition disclaimer for more information.