Vegan Avocado Pasta Salad
This vegan avocado pasta salad is a quick 15-minute recipe that can be prepped ahead and great to take along to a picnic, barbecue, potluck or as an easy weeknight dinner. This no-mayo pasta salad is deliciously creamy and packed full of fresh veggies.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time15 mins
- 250 grams (8.8 oz) dried pasta of your choice - $0.30
- 1 avocado - $1.45
- ¾ cup (175 ml) 175 ml water - $0.00
- 1 clove of garlic - $0.03
- 2 tablespoons horseradish or Dijon mustard - $0.18
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried dill - $0.30
- 1 teaspoon sea salt - $0.03
- A few grinds of pepper - $0.03
- 3 cups (450 grams) cooked chickpeas (canned or cooked from 1 cup / 200 grams dried) - $0.50
- 1 cucumber chopped - $0.17
- 1/2 a red pepper diced - $0.26
- 1/2 a red onion thinly sliced - $0.21
- 2 salks of celery chopped - $0.27
- 250 grams (8.8 oz) cherry tomatoes quartered - $0.89
- Optional: a sprinkling of nutritional yeast
Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and set aside to cool.
Combine the avocado, water, garlic, horseradish, dill, salt and pepper in a blender or food processor.
Toss together the cooled pasta with the remaining ingredients and the avocado sauce. Taste and adjust the seasonings, if necessary. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve. It keeps for a couple of days in the fridge. Sprinkle over some nutritional yeast before serving if desired.
Calories: 366kcal | Carbohydrates: 61g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 427mg | Potassium: 707mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 12.7% | Vitamin C: 36.7% | Calcium: 7.4% | Iron: 20.3%