Sprouted Lentil Vegan Hummus Wrap
This sprouted lentil vegan hummus wrap is easy to make and packed with tiny nutritional powerhouses: sprouted lentils! Choose your favourite combo of veggies for this hummus wrap, with or without rice, for a tasty and healthy lunch or dinner.
Prep Time15 mins
Total Time15 mins
- 2 cups (325 grams) cooked chickpeas - $0.50
- 3 tablespoons olive oil - $0.15
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice - $0.11
- 2 cloves of garlic - $0.06
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika - $0.20
- 1 teaspoon sea salt - $0.03
- Water or chickpea cooking water as needed - $0.00
- 6 large tortillas - $1.09
- 1/2 a head of iceberg lettuce shredded - $0.75
- 3 cups (570 grams) cooked brown rice - $0.31
- 3 cups (195 grams) sprouted lentils - $0.30
- 1 red onion diced - $0.42
- 1/2 a red pepper thinly sliced - $0.39
- 1 medium carrot thinly sliced - $0.13
Place the chickpeas, oil, lemon juice, garlic, paprika and salt in a food processor or blender. Add enough water to get the blender going and reach a spreadable consistency with the hummus.
If your tortillas are cold you may want to gently warm them in a pan or microwave to prevent them from cracking. Spread each tortilla with a portion of the hummus, top with lettuce, rice, sprouted lentils and the vegetables in a line down the centre. Sprinkle with a bit of salt and pepper if you want.
Fold in each edge of the tortilla then roll it up from the bottom. Serve immediately to prevent the tortilla from going soggy. You can prepare the hummus and filling ingredients in advance and keep them in the fridge until you’re ready to make your wraps. Feel free to change up the ingredients to your liking!
Calories: 482kcal | Carbohydrates: 77g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 820mg | Potassium: 564mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 51.8% | Vitamin C: 31.2% | Calcium: 12.4% | Iron: 28%