Mediterranean Chickpea Salad
This Mediterranean chickpea salad is a super easy 10-minute recipe that’s hearty, tasty and colourful! Great as a vegan or vegetarian main dish or as a side for a picnic, barbecue or potluck.
Prep Time10 mins
Total Time10 mins
- 250 grams (9 oz) of your favourite pasta - $0.34
- ¼ cup (60 ml) olive oil - $0.20
- ¼ cup (60 ml) red wine vinegar - $0.40
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano - $0.03
- ½ teaspoon salt - $0.02
- 1 small clove of garlic grated or minced - $0.03
- 2 cucumbers sliced - $0.60
- 1/2 a red onion diced - $0.18
- 500 grams (18 oz) cherry tomatoes halved or quartered - $1.99
- 275 grams (10 oz) kalamata or other back olive - $1.64
- 1 can (390 grams / 14 oz) artichoke hearts - $1.85
- 2 cups (400 grams) chickpeas - $0.30
Cook the pasta until al dente and drain.
Combine the olive oil, vinegar, oregano, salt and garlic to make a vinaigrette.
Combine the pasta with the remaining ingredients, pour over the vinaigrette and toss well.
Calories: 495kcal | Carbohydrates: 57g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 1172mg | Potassium: 602mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 26.5% | Vitamin C: 45.3% | Calcium: 10.3% | Iron: 21.2%