Smoky Lentil Bolognese with Zucchini Pasta
This lentil bolognese recipe is unlike any you’ve had before. Flavoured with loads of garlic, herbs and smoked paprika, this sauce is delicious served over crisp zucchini pasta. Easy to make with cheap ingredients (as always!), this dish comes together in just 15 minutes!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time15 mins
- 200 grams (7 oz) spaghetti - $0.24
- 1 medium zucchini - $0.30
- 1 medium onion diced - $0.15
- 4 cloves of garlic minced - $0.32
- 2 cups (480 ml) tomato sauce - $0.90
- 2 cups (340 grams) cooked lentils - $0.68
- 1 ½ teaspoons smoked paprika - $0.15
- 2 teaspoons oregano - $0.10
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar - $0.04
- ½ teaspoon salt - $0.02
- A few grinds of pepper - $0.03
Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Spiralize the zucchini, cutting them into smaller pieces if necessary, then pat out some of the water between two paper towels.
Meanwhile, heat a pan over medium-high heat and add the onion, garlic, and a splash of water (you can use oil if you prefer). Sautee until soft then add the remaining ingredients and cook for a few more minutes to heat the lentils through.
When the pasta is cooked, drain it and toss it together with the zoodles. Serve onto plates with the lentil bolognese on top.
Calories: 358kcal | Carbohydrates: 70g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 1g | Sodium: 943mg | Potassium: 1092mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 20.3% | Vitamin C: 26.4% | Calcium: 8.1% | Iron: 33.4%