Cranberry Rosemary Vegan Cheese Ball
This cranberry rosemary vegan cheese ball is a great make-ahead appetizer for festive occasions or any old day of the week! Deliciously sweet and savoury, super easy to make and great served with crackers, fruit of veggies, this vegan cheese ball will be a great addition to your holiday table!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Chilling time2 hrs
Total Time25 mins
- 1 cup (150 grams) raw cashews soaked overnight or in hot water for at least 15 minutes - $3.20
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast - $0.08
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice - $0.11
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil melted - $0.48
- 1 tablespoon white miso paste - $0.22
- 1 clove of garlic - $0.08
- ¼ teaspoon salt - $0.01
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary - $0.30
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives - $0.58
- 3 tablespoons roughly chopped dried cranberries - $0.24
- ¼ cup (30 grams) roughly chopped walnuts - $0.49
Place the cashews, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, coconut oil, miso paste, garlic and salt in a small food processor and blend until smooth.
Add the rosemary, chives and cranberries and pulse a couple of times to combine.
Transfer the mixture to a small bowl you’ve lined with plastic wrap, leaving quite a bit of overhang on the plastic wrap to fold it up over the top of the ball. Twist the plastic wrap to form the cheese into more or less a ball shape and put it into the fridge for a couple of hours or the freezer for an hour, or until it’s firm.
Just before you’re ready to serve, toast the chopped walnuts in a pan over medium heat, stirring frequently, until they smell wonderful and taste nutty – about 10 minutes. Blitz them in a food processor until finely ground and then transfer them to a plate.
Remove your cheese ball from the fridge, reshape it into a ball if necessary, and remove the plastic wrap. Roll it in the crushed walnuts to cover (I like to hold the ball between two spoons while I do this to help keep the shape and not get so messy!).
Serve with crackers, fresh or pickled vegetables and/or fruit slices.