These vegan oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are everything you want from a cookie: crispy on the outside, soft on the inside and loaded with chocolate-y goodness. Best of all, these one-bowl cookies are ready in just 30 minutes!
I’ll be the first to admit that I’m a terrible baker. I don’t have much of a sweet tooth and you may have noticed that the blog is severely lacking in vegan dessert recipes.
So on the odd occasion when I start craving something sweet, I want a recipe that’s going to be quick, easy and with simple ingredients that I already have in my pantry.
Luckily these vegan oatmeal chocolate chip cookies fit the bill! You won’t need any flax meal, pricy gluten-free flour mix, specialty “healthy” sugar (no such thing), and of course no animal products.
Not only that, if you’re also averse to doing the dishes, you’ll be happy to know that you’ll need just one bowl for these simple vegan cookies!
To make these vegan oatmeal chocolate chip cookies simply mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl and then directly add in the wet ingredients. Scoop the dough out onto a lined baking pan and flatten them into a cookie shape with the palm of your hand.
I used an ice cream scoop to do this but you can also just get in there with your hands and squeeze the dough into balls.
Pop the pan in a pre-heated oven and bake for 20 minutes. Since these cookies don’t have baking soda, they don’t brown as much as you might be used to. For that reason, you need to judge when they’re done by dryness rather than colour.
Once the tops look dry take them out of the oven and let them cool for a couple of minutes. You can eat them while they’re still warm and the chocolate is gooey or you can let them cool for later.
These vegan oatmeal chocolate chip cookies don’t usually last too long in my house before being devoured but they should keep well in an airtight container for several days.
Wanna see how easy it is to make these vegan oatmeal chocolate chip cookies? Watch the video:
Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 ½ cups (120 grams) quick oats - $0.25
- ½ cup (63 grams) all-purpose flour - $0.04
- ½ cup (100 grams) sugar* - $0.43
- 1 tsp baking powder - $0.01
- ¼ tsp salt - $0.01
- ⅔ cup (130 grams) vegan chocolate chips - $2.00
- ⅓ cup (40 grams) chopped walnuts (optional) - $0.92
- ¼ cup (60 ml) neutral-flavored oil - $0.20
- 6 tablespoons plant-based milk - $0.03
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, chocolate chips and walnuts.
- When the oven is heated, add the oil and plant-based milk to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Form the dough into balls. You can use a cookie or ice cream scoop, I just get in there with my hands and press the dough together into balls. You can make them as big or small as you like. I generally get about 10 cookies from this recipe.
- Place the balls on the prepared baking sheet and gently flatten them with the palm of your hand.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until they no longer appear wet on top and the bottoms are beginning to turn golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on the pan.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.