This raw vegan noodles salad recipe is super quick and easy to put together and is great served as a main or side dish. All you need is a selection of colourful vegetables, some pantry staples and a spiralizer.
This post contains affiliate links which help to offset the cost of running this blog with no additional cost to you.
Being able to keep to a budget means being able to plan ahead and think of multiple recipes for a single ingredient. It was cheaper to buy a big bunch of mint from the Asian veggie stall than a couple of meagre stalks from the supermarket so I knew I would have quite a bit leftover yesterday from my green pizza recipe.
But no worries, this raw vegan rainbow noodle salad immediately came to mind. I’ve made similar versions of this salad before with vegetables, mint and rice noodles; a kind of Vietnamese-inspired cold noodle salad. But since getting a spiralizer for Christmas, I’ve been keen on using it whenever I can. Enter zoodles.
They say that the spiralizer was the most given gift last Christmas and if you don’t have one yet, what are you waiting for!?!?! They’re so much fun and make preparing mixed vegetable salads like this one super quick. You’ll be surprised how quickly a spiralizer can turn a whole zucchini into a pile of zoodles ready to be prepared any way you want.
In this case I’ve decided to keep everything super easy and make raw vegan noodles – no cooking involved. Fresh crunchy raw veggies tossed in a simple soy, rice vinegar and miso dressing with a bit of mint mixed in for a refreshing note.
This zoodle salad is super versatile – you don’t need to follow the recipe to a T. Use whatever vegetables you have on hand and feel free to add in more herbs; basil and cilantro are good choices. You can even make it without a spiralizer, just use a julienne peeler or chop everything thinly.
Got leftovers? Use them in these recipes:
Carrots, red cabbage, garlic: Thai Buddha bowl with peanut red curry sauce
Cucumber, cherry tomato: Baked beet falafel vegan quinoa bowl
Zucchini: Spring vegetable zoodle pasta
Raw Vegan Noodles Salad
- 2 cloves of garlic minced - $0.16
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari - $0.10
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar - $0.26
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar - $0.03
- 1 teaspoon miso paste - $0.12
- 1 teaspoon sriracha - $0.02
- 1 zucchini spiralized - $1.29
- 2 carrots spiralized - $0.22
- 1 cucumber thinly sliced - $0.34
- ½ a yellow pepper thinly sliced - $0.75
- ¼ of a purple cabbage shredded - $0.20
- 10 cherry tomatoes quartered - $0.80
- ½ a red onion thinly sliced - $0.08
- 1/3 packed cup (about 10 grams) of mint larger leaves torn - $0.25
- In a small bowl or jar combine the garlic, soy sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, miso paste and sriracha and mix well.
- Combine all the vegetables in a large bowl, you may want to cut up the spiralized vegetables so that they’re not so long. Drizzle over the dressing and toss well.
- Serve immediately.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.